Regional Compliance Officer - North Asia
What's the role?
Report to Head of Legal & Compliance of North Asia (dotted line to Group Chief Compliance Officer), responsible for regional compliance management, with focus on compliance risk topics such as but not limited to anti-corruption, anti-trust, fraud prevention, anti-discrimination, conflict of interests for North Asia namely Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Japan and Korea to support the business in achieving sustainable and profitable growth whilst learning the business in detail.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 locations, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
· Policy Development & Roll-Out: Collaborate closely with Chief Compliance office in HQ and regional management team to develop compliance-related policies and take lead in rolling out to regional office and market organization and production plants in North Asia.
· Monitoring & Reporting: Monitor the implementation and adherence to internal compliance policies and procedures, and coordinate compliance reporting at regional level and to HQ on a regular basis.
· Investigation: Lead / support internal investigations of suspected compliance violations, and to recommend follow-up and remedial actions.
· Training & Queries Handling: Be the contact person in North Asia for compliance queries and conduct trainings and/or workshops on compliance policies in Regional Office and local market organisations (including training for existing (and new) local compliance officers and ensure they are equipped with the required understanding).
· Working with Local Compliance Officers: Provide guidance and support, and to develop a close working relationship with the local compliance officers in North Asia.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
· Bachelor’s degree or professional qualifications in law, finance, business or related discipline.
· Qualified lawyer preferred, but open to non-lawyers (with audit / finance background / from law enforcement, and with 10+ year of experience in which 3 years of compliance-related experience in the compliance organization of a multi-national enterprise and involved in compliance investigations.
· Regional exposure with strong understanding of Greater China, Japan and Korea is crucial.
· Capable in influencing and interact people at different levels and across different cultures.
· Highly proficient in English and Mandarin (spoken and written).
We look forward to receiving your application. Interested applicants please submit your CV by clicking the "Apply Now" button.