Senior Manager - Chemical Regulatory Compliance (Asia Pacific)
What's the role?
The successful incumbent will follow the global chemical regulatory compliance strategy, ensure the chemical product compliance in Asian markets with the ultimate purpose in achieving customer satisfaction through pro-active actions in driving Chemical - Legal Compliance Monitoring / Regulatory Compliance and closely connected and collaborate with various stakeholders (local, regional and global) within and outside Hilti.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
>Coordinate with global business unit, regional office, local Hilti offices as well as external consultant for chemical product compliance projects local supply chain compliance activities as well as customer qualification / enquiries.
>Collaborate closely with global and regional team with new fastening & protection product introduction, green building requirements analysis and customer product qualification requests.
>Support and execute the required regulatory actions e.g. product registration, reporting, labelling change, etc., to obtain proper license / authorization to sell Hilti products in Asia-Pacific.
>Keep abreast of the latest updates of chemical regulatory changes which is relevant to Hilti products in Asia-Pacific. For instances, REACH systems in Asia-Pacific markets, GHS adaptations, national chemical reporting, dangerous goods, or any other local chemical regulations.
>Act as the subject matter expert to address and resolve local market requests and customer inquiries as well as implement green building product certifications and customer product qualification requests.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
Why should you apply?
We have a high-performing culture for highly passionate people. If you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s not a problem. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is.
What you need is:
- Master degree in science preferably in chemistry, material science or related disciplines.
- At least 6-8 years of experience in regulatory compliance in Asia-Pacific ideally from chemical regulations.
- Proven experience with product regulatory compliance topics e.g. ROHS & REACH like systems as well as classification of chemical substances and labelling of chemical product while experience with HSE/OSHA topics would be advantageous.
- Highly motivated, dynamic, business oriented and with a structured mindset and approach to problem solving.
- Ability to drive and influence other different departments to work together towards same direction with high performance mindset.
- Strong proficiency in both written and spoken English and one Asian language preferably Chinese (Korean or Japanese will also be considered).
- Someone interested in developing a long-term career at Hilti.